The COM-1827SOFT_PCMFM_DEMOD is a non-coherent demodulator for PCM/FM continuous phase modulation with flexible programmable features
- Programmable modulation index h [0.5 to 0.8]
- Programmable symbol rate up to fclk/4, where fclk is the processing clock frequency
- Excellent BER performance using multisymbol detection and 4-state trellis decoding (SOVA). 4-bit soft-decision demodulator output
for best FEC decoder performance
- BER < 10-5 at 9.2dB Eb/No
- AFC for carrier frequency acquisition of 10% of symbol rate
- Acquisition threshold < 2dB Eb/No
- Ancillary functions: BER tester, Matlab code for generating sampled stimulus waveforms
- Tested on Xilinx 7-series FPGA, but portable to other FPGA types
The entire VHDL source code is deliverable.
Unlimited license to make and use. See the complete licensing terms at comblock.com/download/softwarelicense.pdf
Modulator code is sold separately: see com-1827SOFT_CPM_MOD
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 20 February, 2019.