L/S-band modem to send and receive short UDP frames over wireless, satellite or cable.
- Direct-Sequence Spread-Spectrum (DSSS) modulation
- Nominal frequency of operation: 950 – 2175 MHz for direct connection to external LNB or BUC. Customization to other frequency bands is possible
- Programmable chip rate, up to 40 Mchips/s
- Data rate: practical range from chip_rate/2047 to chip_rate/30
Burst mode operation:
- fixed-length 512-bit data frames from/to LAN/UDP ports
- Multiple frames transmitted efficiently with only 32-symbol separation
- 1600-symbol preamble with no apriori knowledge of arrival time
- Large frequency acquisition range: ±(chip_rate / 64) or (1.8*symbol_rate), whichever is smaller, with no apriori knowedge
End-to-end latency: 2672 symbol / modulation symbol rate. For example 1.2ms at 2.5Msymbols/s
Aluminum enclosure with rubberized end caps. L x W x H: 168.5mm x 138.96 mm x 40.98 mm.
Supply voltage: 18 - 36VDC with reverse voltage and surge protection. 5.6V min when no supplying external LNB power.
Frequency reference: internal TCXO or input for an external, higher-stability 10 MHz frequency reference
Built-in tools: PRBS-11 pseudo-random test sequence, BER tester, AWGN generator, internal loopback mode
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 27 December, 2016.