- Plug-in Ethernet transceivers provides FPGA-based ComBlock modules with very
high-speed parallel network access
- Network Interface:
- 4 RJ-45 ports
- 4 * 1 Gbit/s maximum combined throughput
- Tri-mode (10Base-T/100Base-Tx/1000Base-T)
- Uses standard CAT-5 unshielded twisted pair cables
- Autonegotiation to automatically select the highest link up speed (10/100/1000 Mbps) and duplex (full/half)
- Functional breakdown:
- Adapter comprises the RJ-45 connectors, link/activity LEDs, transformers, and PHYs.
- Parallel MAC and IP stack functionality is implemented in the external FPGA.
- Free ready-to-use tri-mode 10/100/1000 Ethernet MAC (.ngc), for use with the COM-1800 FPGA development platform
- Interface compatibility:
COM-5102 for a similar single-port Gigabit Ethernet plug-in
COM-5401SOFT Tri-mode 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet MAC IP core